Whenever you publish information online, ask yourself the following questions:
- Who am I sharing this information with?
- How much and what type of information am I sharing?
- How many people can see the information I am sharing?
- Can I trust all the people that see this information?
Here are some best practices. On a publicly available page, never post…
- The faces of your members (even if they’re in the background of a photo) unless you explicitly get their permission
- The physical address of a meeting
- Your phone number
- If you are the administrator of a page, make sure that your account is private
And of course, never leave your mobile or computer with your personal accounts open.